This event is available only at the host's venue. Please book from the available dates listed.
1 - 100 Guest(s)
Flora Elements offers a Bridal Bootcamp for those people who are determined to do wedding flowers for themselves, a friend, and/or a relative. Planning the flower portion of a wedding on your own can sometimes become overwhelming and you might not know where to start. Register your crew and during a six hour session with our wedding expert, Lisa Belisle, you will be amazed what some basic training can do!
During a six hour Bootcamp with our expert, you can learn the following:
- How to process and handle delicate wedding flowers
- Water and hydration techniques
- Using chemicals and flower food to ensure hydration of flowers
- Staging of flowers
- When to buy flowers, leave them out of cooler or cold room and when to put them in a cooler
- Make recipe, keeping in mind weather expected and flower availability
- Ordering flowers and how to calculate totals using flowers in bunches
- Flower identification
Hands on Portion:
- Make a hand tie bridal bouquet
- Modern Corsage and Boutonnieres
- Simple Centerpieces that impress
- Pre Registration is a Must! One week in advance. Find a date that works for you.
* Share this page on Facebook and earn 25 points. Accumulate up to 500 points!
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Message Host to schedule a future event.
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Request a date and time for a future event:
Request Your Date
Flora Elements Education and Design
Lisa Belisle has a lively background in the floral industry. She started in small Wisconsin floral shops while taking every opportunity to educate herself including studying with many mentors.
During the last twenty years, Lisa has participated in every part of the floral industry including management, wholesale flower sales, exporting New Zealand-grown flowers, coordinating shipping, and owning her own small businesses.
Today, Lisa’s passions are continuing her own education and teaching beginner floral design in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. Lisa is an adventurous person who travels widely to study with mentors in their native countries while admiring that country’s culture, geography, flora and fauna.
Lisa attributes her talent for making unique tropical arrangements to the time she spent in Papua New Guinea where she was surrounded by Mother Nature’s bounty. In the class room, Lisa is a great storyteller and is able to adapt to all the needs of her students. Her patience is endless when teaching her students about the challenges of the floral industry and helping them to acquire the technical skills.