This event is available only at the host's venue. Please book from the available dates listed.
2 - 5 Guest(s)
Get to Know the Basics of Leather Working
Would you like to make a wrist cuff, belt, wallet, purse or other item out of leather, but just don't know how to go about it?
As a leather artisan that has completed simple (key fobs) to complex (shoes and moccasins) custom leather items, I can demonstrate and explain basic techniques of working leather to help you on your way to creating the leather project in your mind's eye.
A Course of Basic Leather Working:
- Introduction and Samples of the different types of leather readily available
- Introduction to basic tools used to work leather
- Introduction to basic tooling and simple dyeing of leather
- Introduction to basic hardware used in working leather
- You make a simple Wrist Cuff, Bicycle Pant Cuff, Pet Collar or Key Fob (your choice, materials provided) using the variety of stamps and dyes at hand
- Initial discussion/advice on a leather project you have in mind
One-on-one or group instruction on a custom or focused project is available with terms discussed and agreed upon.
For examples of my work, please visit facebook.com/mocs.ox.boxes. To see made to order items & inquire about custom leather work, visit etsy.com/shop/MocsOxBoxes.
There is a 2 person minimum needed for a scheduled session to be held. Notice of cancellation needs to be given 48 hours prior to the Date of the session requested to attend.
$100 per person
Note: The exact location will be disclosed once the host has accepted your request.
I am an artisan offering ready-made items, made to order works and confident crafting of custom ordered items as well as consultation and design of custom items in leather and/or wood.
I am able to create patterns of and reproduce beloved leather items too worn for use or when another is wanted.
My goal is to always utilize the best of me with the creation at hand, from a simple key fob to a complicated shoe design and build. As a result, every finished piece contains some of my heart and soul.