This event is available only at the host's venue. Please book from the available dates listed.
1 - 100 Guest(s)
Its a hands on cooking and learning with Chef Veena. You will get to learn, cook and enjoy your tasty creation and might even have some to take home too.
Here is the menu you will be learning to cook for this class:
- Hara Bhara Kabab- A super delicious Gluten-Free healthy & Colorful Veggie patty.
- Paneer Tikka Masala- All time favorite colorful and quick dish to please any guest.
- Tadka Dal- A simple and delicious lentil dish which is a heart of all Indian food.
- Gobi Parathas-A hand-made Super yummy Indian Cauliflower skillet bread which is cooked to perfection on a Iron skillet.
- Vegetable Pulav- Simple rice dish made with sauted onions and other vegetables along with some aromatic spices.
- Mango Lassi- A know-must simple Indian dessert and drink.
Also Served For Dinner:
- Mint and Tamarind Chutneys
- Jeera Rice
Course Menus –
Each person will leave with a spice kit as well as a cook book containing each of the demonstrated dishes as well as some bonus recipes. Also feel free to bring your own beer or wine to enjoy during the class!
* Share this page on Facebook and earn 25 points. Accumulate up to 500 points!
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Message Host to schedule a future event.
Chef Veena Narayanan.K is a Chef/ Owner of Kamakshi's Kitchen, vegetarian restaurant in San Carlos (601 Old County rd, San Carlos, CA 94070, www.kamakshiskitchen.com). Her catering kitchen is located in San Mateo. She also has another sister company called 'www.Mealboxesetc.com' which does corporate catering and specialize in Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes from around the world.
She has a MA in English Literature and Diploma in Homeopathy medicine. She did her diploma in Culinary arts at Jobtrainworks.org in Palo Alto and has worked as a Global chef @ Ebay. She also does event planning, wedding and religious catering and conduct cooking classes. Kamakshi's kitchen catering serves all over the bay area and they became popular with the innovative concept of'Vegetarian Dinner at your doorsteps' from 2010.
She has been in the Culinary field for more than 15yrs now. She realized her passion for serving people and helping them learn about cooking when she was helping out as a Volunteer at Tibetan aid project in Berkeley 15 years ago. She also helped with the community betterment project at East Palo Alto in educating people about the benefits of home cooking and being frugal about it.
Since lot of people were interested in learning about Indian food she started conducting cooking classes. Her unique, hand on approach and knowledge of spices and its use in her cooking has helped lot of people realize their inner potential and has made them great cooks.