This event is available only at the host's venue. Please book from the available dates listed.
1 - 11 Guest(s)
Its a hands on cooking and learning with Chef Veena. You will get to learn, cook and enjoy your tasty creation and might even have some to take home too.
Here is the menu you will be learning to cook for this class:
Ghee- The basic of all Indian cooking. We will teach you how to make clarified butter which is used as a base or for garnish for most of the Indian dishes.
- Assorted Pakoras- Onion, spinach and chopped potatoes deep fried with a gluten-free protein rich Chick pea batter
- Mint Chutney- This is the dipping sauce used for the pakoras made with fragrant mint and cilantro with a hint of heat and savory spices.
- Gobi Aloo- All time favorite dish and every so popular because of the delicious cauliflower and roasted potatoes combined with simple spices make it a great dish.
- Paneer Jalfreezi- This can be as well be called as a Dieter's delight because it has the right amount of spice, protein, vegetables, herbs and spices with a light tang from the tomatoes.
- Lucknowi Dal (Lentils)- The protein simple yet rich soup can be had just like that, as a dipping sauce for the rotis or as an accompaniment along with the pulav and vegetables.
- Jeera Peas Pulav- Aromatic basmathi rice cooked with green peas and garnished with Cumin seeds and onions using Ghee
- Rotis- Indian whole wheat flat bread.
-Mango Lassi: A delicious mango and yogurt smoothie blended with sweet spices to cool one down after a spicy meal.
Also Served For Dinner:
Masala chai/Chai tea latte
$55 per person
Note: The exact location will be disclosed once the host has accepted your request.
ABOUT CHEF VEENA
Chef Veena Narayanan.K is a Chef/ Owner of Kamakshi's Kitchen, vegetarian restaurant in San Carlos (601 Old County rd, San Carlos, CA 94070, www.kamakshiskitchen.com). Her catering kitchen is located in San Mateo. She also has another sister company called 'www.Mealboxesetc.com' which does corporate catering and specialize in Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes from around the world.
She has a MA in English Literature and Diploma in Homeopathy medicine. She did her diploma in Culinary arts at Jobtrainworks.org in Palo Alto and has worked as a Global chef @ Ebay. She also does event planning, wedding and religious catering and conduct cooking classes. Kamakshi's kitchen catering serves all over the bay area and they became popular with the innovative concept of'Vegetarian Dinner at your doorsteps' from 2010.
She has been in the Culinary field for more than 15yrs now. She realized her passion for serving people and helping them learn about cooking when she was helping out as a Volunteer at Tibetan aid project in Berkeley 15 years ago. She also helped with the community betterment project at East Palo Alto in educating people about the benefits of home cooking and being frugal about it.
Since lot of people were interested in learning about Indian food she started conducting cooking classes. Her unique, hand on approach and knowledge of spices and its use in her cooking has helped lot of people realize their inner potential and has made them great cooks.
Verlocal prohibits outside/private transactions and sharing of personal information through messaging.
Write a review about Chef Veena
Buy more. Get discounts.
With this bundle discount, you will receive several tickets at a discounted price for this experience.
This plan is ideal for any group event such as birthday parties, bridal showers, or company events.
If you love to retake an experience or want to invite your friends along, then you should definitely take advantage of this plan.
Vegetarian North Indian Basic Cooking Class (BYOB) ()