This event is available only at the host's venue. Please book from the available dates listed.
1 - 100 Guest(s)
Its a hands on cooking and learning with Chef Veena. You will get to learn, cook and enjoy your tasty creation and might even have some to take home too.
-Medhu Vada- Fried hand made lentil savory doughnuts which are the crispy on the outside and soft of the inside and full of protein
- Coconut Chutney- Authentic South Indian accompaniment to go along with Dosa, the rice crepes and all South Indian snacks made with shredded coconut, chilies and garnished with aromatics.
- Rasam- Tangy tasty peppery thin soup which is 'Oh so' satisfying for the Palate very similar to its cousin 'Muligatawany Soup!
- Malabar Pepper Chicken- This dish is from 'God's own Country-Kerala' in the South Western region on India. Known for its natural serene beauty and the birth place for the prestigious 'Telichery Black Pepper'. This Chicken dish show cases the great combination of theses traditional spices black pepper, curry leaves and coconut oil.
- Potato Podimas- The Indian version of mashed potatoes with the little bit of coconut, chilies and garnished with spices.
- Lemon Rice- This rice is the one of the favorite of locals and visitors alike. The unique tangy lemony flavor in the rice make is irresistible keeps you craving for more.
Also Served For Dinner:
- Steamed Rice
- Papdums- Fried Lentil crisps
- Panagam- Cooling drink made with brown sugar, cardamom, lemon and ginger powder.
* Share this page on Facebook and earn 25 points. Accumulate up to 500 points!
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Message Host to schedule a future event.
Chef Veena Narayanan.K is a Chef/ Owner of Kamakshi's Kitchen, vegetarian restaurant in San Carlos (601 Old County rd, San Carlos, CA 94070, www.kamakshiskitchen.com). Her catering kitchen is located in San Mateo. She also has another sister company called 'www.Mealboxesetc.com' which does corporate catering and specialize in Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes from around the world.
She has a MA in English Literature and Diploma in Homeopathy medicine. She did her diploma in Culinary arts at Jobtrainworks.org in Palo Alto and has worked as a Global chef @ Ebay. She also does event planning, wedding and religious catering and conduct cooking classes. Kamakshi's kitchen catering serves all over the bay area and they became popular with the innovative concept of'Vegetarian Dinner at your doorsteps' from 2010.
She has been in the Culinary field for more than 15yrs now. She realized her passion for serving people and helping them learn about cooking when she was helping out as a Volunteer at Tibetan aid project in Berkeley 15 years ago. She also helped with the community betterment project at East Palo Alto in educating people about the benefits of home cooking and being frugal about it.
Since lot of people were interested in learning about Indian food she started conducting cooking classes. Her unique, hand on approach and knowledge of spices and its use in her cooking has helped lot of people realize their inner potential and has made them great cooks.