This event is available only at the host's venue. Please book from the available dates listed.
2 - 100 Guest(s)
Did you know that the Mediterranean diet is one of the most popular eating lifestyles today? The cuisine is known for being healthy and simple, yet learning about it involves an incredible amount of depth and knowledge of the ingredients and techniques used to create the food.
In this Mediterranean cooking class, Chef Teena will show you how to make a full menu of the most well known Mediterranean dishes.
In this hands on cooking experience, you will learn how to make
1) HUMMUS, a chick-pea/garbanzo bean, tahini, garlic, onion and olive oil based dip (Chef Teena actually received an accolade from Chef Ryan Scott of the Food Rush on the Live Well Network for her amazing hummus recipe)
2) TZATZIKI, a greek yogurt, English cucumber, and dill based dip;
3) SPANAKOPITA (phyllo dough pastry), spinach and feta cheese pie
4) LAVASH CHIPS; flatbread tossed in olive oil, seasonings and fresh herbs and lightly baked to a crisp
5) LENTIL SOUP, a combination of red and yellow split lentils seasoned with spices.
Come and learn to become an expert in homemade, healthy Mediterranean cooking!
Note: Chef Teena offers custom menus and private events.
* Share this page on Facebook and earn 25 points. Accumulate up to 500 points!
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Message Host to schedule a future event.
Cooking Classes. Team Building. Personal Chef.
Chef Teena invites you to join her on a food voyage through the heartlands of India and beyond. She has more than 20 years of experience in Indian cuisine.
Her goal and vision are simple; to teach you how to make, eclectic and sustainable vegetarian & vegan recipes effortlessly, packed with robust mouth-watering flavours and spices that have medicinal attributes.
Teena's recipes are based on an old-world foundation & traditional Indian culinary style of cooking infused with a modern & health conscious focus on clean, seasonal and healthy ingredients, without sacrificing the flavour one bit.
Her cooking classes are a hands-on experience where you can explore and chart new territories with the vast array of Indian curries & spices. Or, if you already know a thing or two, you can hone your skills and share what you learn with family & friends.
Teena teaches Indian vegetarian & vegan cuisine in the San Francisco Bay Area. Some of her clients include Stanford University, Whole Foods Market, and the San Carlos Adult Community Center. For the past 10 years she has taught a multitude of private individuals and corporate clients in and around the Silicon Valley of Northern California.
Most notably, Teena won the 2014 Live Well Network’s Summer Grilling Competition hosted by Chef Ryan Scott. The star dish that showcased her Indian heritage was a chic-Bollywood Curried Paneer & Veggie Pizza.
Vegetarian & Vegan Cooking
Party and event staffing