This event is available only at the host's venue. Please book from the available dates listed.
2 - 100 Guest(s)
Explore sumi-e, the art of Japanese ink painting. This class is a hands-on workshop with a small number of students to allow for personal instruction. Suitable for all levels.
You will learn to use traditional equipment and techniques used to paint classical nature subjects such as bamboo, chrysanthemums, and plums.
Class meets for 3 hours from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
SUPPLIES: Some supplies will be available for purchase in class and brushes will be available for use in class.
--Ink stick and ink stone OR bottle of Japanese black ink
--Medium Japanese brush
--Medium size (about 9″ x 12″) pad of rice paper (Hosho)
* Share this page on Facebook and earn 25 points. Accumulate up to 500 points!
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Message Host to schedule a future event.
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Request a date and time for a future event:
Request Your Date
Authentic Japanese Cultural Classes
JASC (Japanese American Service Committee) engages people of all ages to experience Japanese American history and culture and to improve their well-being through innovative, high quality programs and services tailored to the multicultural community.
We offer classes and services for people of all ages and experience levels:
- Ikebana flower arranging classes (4 week sessions and holiday workshops)
- Cooking traditional Japanese foods (hot-pot, sushi, tempura, holiday, ramen, obento, and more)
- Language classes (beginner and intermediate)
- Art classes (Sumi-e ink painting, origami, Shodo calligraphy)
- Tampopo Kai children's classes for ages 0-5