Billing & Credit Card Information
Creating a fiber art collage is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Paint a variety of fibers and surfaces (we provide the paints, fibers,
2. Create your collage.
3. Embellish with stitching, beads, buttons, ribbons, and more.
Even if you've never done fiber art or collage before, you'll find this project very freeing and satisfying! This is an all-day class with a lunch break in the middle, and we welcome tweens and teens as well as adults. You'll go home with a beautiful piece of artwork ready to be admired!
Nearly all the supplies and tools are included in the class fee, including a very special fiber bundle to use and take home! You will however need to bring these supplies in your favorite colors:
- A few colors of perle cotton thread or embroidery floss.
- Needle with eye large enough for the perle cotton or floss.
- Regular sewing thread and needle.
- Sewing pins. (We have some to lend in our workshop if you don't have any.)
- Scraps of fabric, fibers, ribbons, buttons, or beads to throw into the mix (optional).
- Wear old clothes/bring an apron, we may get messy!
You must cancel your class reservation at least 72 hours in advance in order to receive a full refund. Classes cancelled after the 72 hour limit has passed will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, either by partial refund or by rescheduling.
About the Teacher:
Lynn Koolish is a fiber artist, teacher, author, and color fanatic. She is a big fan of the slow stitching movement where the emphasis is on enjoying the process rather than just hurrying to get things done. Check out more of her work at www.lynnkoolish.com.
The Black Squirrel
Yarn - Fabric - DIY Supplies - Classes
The Black Squirrel is Berkeley's only local yarn shop! We are a highly curated shop, specializing in indie dyed yarns; hand-painted beauties you won't find anywhere else. We also carry curated variety of apparel, quilting, and home fabrics. Our shop is unlike any other craft supply you've ever visited, and we've got an incredible classroom space that we aim to use to fullest advantage!