With nearly 7,000 restaurants in the city of Chicago it’s hard to say who is the best. We want you to choose, but where to start? Taste, value, hospitality, history and recognition are Chef Driven Food Tours main criterion. Join us on the “Chicago’s Greatest Hits Culinary Adventure.”
America's Best Italian Beef Sandwich in the Original Location Since 1938
Zagat's, "Best Sandwich in America"
USA Today's, "Best Sandwich in the World"
The Original Maxwell Street Polish Sausage
FAQ'SWE DO THE DRIVING
We will pick you up in a conveniently located downtown Chicago location to be given at time of purchase. This location will have plenty of parking and only minutes from anywhere in downtown Chicago. We will drop you off at the same location.
HOW MUCH FOOD?
The amounts of food vary depending on the tour. Four or five food tasting stops are made on each tour and our South Side Adventure is the “mother of all food tours” in terms of food quantity and absolutely no one will leave hungry.
DOES GUIDE ACCEPT GRATUITIES?
Gratuities are greatly appreciated. The service industry standard rate is 15 to 25%.
There are multiple restroom breaks available during the tour.
We encourage picture and video on all tours.
Vegetarian options are available for all stops on tour. Just let us know in advance.
VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
We reserve the right to alter our tour and destinations due to traffic concerns, construction, neighborhood events and other unforeseen events where transportation or walking becomes difficult or time consuming to conduct our tours.
$99 per person
Note: The exact location will be disclosed once the host has accepted your request.
ABOUT CHEF DRIVEN
OUR RECIPE: “THE PERFECT BLEND OF FUN, FOOD AND FRIENDS.”
1. Better food. These are the spots where the “in the know chefs” eat. Our stops have been featured on “Anthony Bourdain,” “Food Network”, and “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.”
2. The city’s most knowledgeable guides. All our guides are restaurant industry professionals with at least ten years experience as chefs, chef/owners, or mixologists as well as born and raised Chicagoans.
3. Coolest neighborhoods. Get off the beaten path of corporate and chain restaurants and experience the real Chicago
4. Flexibility. We have walking tours or sit back and relax and leave the driving to us.
5. In the great spirit of “The City That Works,” our company is employee owned and operated.
6. See more neighborhood art and architecture.
7. Get more neighborhood culture and history. We grew up here!
8. Value. It would cost more to rent and park a car or taxi than the cost of a Chef Driven Tour.