This event is available only at the host's venue. Please book from the available dates listed.
1 - 100 Guest(s)
Midtown can be madness! Most New Yorkers won't go anywhere near it, avoiding the crowds, the high prices, the chain fast food — everything that's not authentically NYC. But believe it or not, hidden amongst the tourists, Starbucks, and costumed characters, there is an authentic NYC neighborhood to discover.
- Discover hidden local food spots, retail shops, and a quiet oasis in the world’s busiest neighborhood
- Get insider tips on how to avoid the crowds of Times Square
- Taste delicious food made by local culinary artisans
- Get the local scoop on where to watch theater, where to shop, and where to eat like a real New Yorker
- Learn the secrets of Grand Central Terminal, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and more!
- Public Tours begin September 1, 2015
- $65/person includes food & guide
- Tour meets at the clock in Grand Central Terminal
- Duration is about 3 hours
- Schedule: Every day at 2pm
* Share this page on Facebook and earn 25 points. Accumulate up to 500 points!
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Message Host to schedule a future event.
This experience does not have pre-scheduled availability! Request a date and time for a future event:
Request Your Date
David is founder of Urban Oyster Tours. With food and beverage themed tours we focus on the small, local (and usually hole-in-the-wall) spots that you never would've noticed on your own. Our local guides will introduce you to local shop owners, bakers, brewers, and more as we show you the places where we like to hang out. Big bus tours might cover a lot of ground, but you're missing so much in between! New York City is a walking city, the best way to experience it is wandering around it's many diverse neighborhoods, and with small groups, you'll feel more like you're hanging out with friends rather than a big tour being herded around.
Already live in NYC? Take a tour & learn about a new neighborhood, or find amazing drinking spots near your place that you never knew existed. Or impress your friends with amazing brunch spots, or super cheap dumplings in Chinatown (trust us, we know some cool spots). Urban Oyster believes that local travel should truly benefit the local community. Too often when people travel they stick to things that are comfortable, like chain restaurants or shops that they recognize. That's why we promote all small businesses that support other local businesses and suppliers.