Have you noticed that gold is the trend right now? If you have a rustic themed party or wedding coming up, you can incorporate gold into your table numbers with this simple and easy DIY tutorial!
You will need:
- Wood slices. Any kind of wood is fine. The wood surface¬†doesn‚Äôt have to be pretty since you‚Äôll paint over it. You can buy the already sanded one or sand the wood yourself with sand paper.
- A medium brush
- White acrylic paint
- Gold metallic Puffy 3D paint (this is the secret sauce)
- A glue gun
- Wooden round dowels
You can easily buy these supplies at Hobby Lobby, Micheal‚Äôs or even Walmart. They‚Äôre very affordable and won‚Äôt break the bank.
- First, paint one side of the wood slice white. You can leave a bit of the wood outside to make it look more rustic. If the paint is too thick, dilute it with some water. Be sure to create an even surface. Usually I do two coats¬†of paint to¬†make sure everything is covered perfectly.
2. Now this is the hard (and fun) part. Puffy paint can be a bit hard to get used to, so you can practice using it on a piece of paper first. First shake the bottle well, then press the tip to the wood surface and squeeze the bottle lightly to draw the desired number. You can also¬†go back and try to even out the paint with the tip of the bottle.
I‚Äôm decorating mine with some polka dots!¬†You can try out different ideas like drawing flourishes, hearts or¬†stripes. Let your imagination run wild!
Leave it there for 4 hours. After the paint dries, it will look very shimmery and pretty like this:
3. Now use¬†your glue gun to get some glue on the wooden dowel.
Quickly put¬†it on the back of your wood slice. You can use another wood slice to sandwich the dowel for a few seconds to make sure it sticks.
And¬†voil√†! You have successfully made your own table numbers! These would look super cute in a mason jars with flowers and pinwheels. They are so easy to make and add a nice rustic touch to any event. Have fun creating!
Discover all the trendiest things to do in your city on Verlocal today!
Share your thoughts now.